John West Foods Limited (“we” or “us” or “our“) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with the terms and conditions and any other documents referred within) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us which includes use of our website careers.john-west.co.uk (“Website“). Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding:
- the personal information we collect about you;
- what we do with your information; and who your information might be shared with.
For the purpose of UK data protection law which includes the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR“) and legislation that implements the GDPR in the UK (the “DP Laws“), the data controller is John West Foods Limited, 1 Mann Island, Liverpool, L3 1BP (United Kingdom). This means that we are responsible for, and control the processing of, the personal data that we collect about you.
We will collect your personal information for the following purposes together with the legal bases for such processing:
||Legal Basis for Processing
|• to consider job applications and speculative job applications which are received through our Website
||We have a legitimate interest in undertaking this activity to allow us to receive job applications to employ individuals into our business.
Performance of a contract with you or steps being taken prior to entering into a contract.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your current and / or previous job role(s)
- Information about your current and / or previous employer(s)
We may collect the following personal information:
- full name;
- postal address;
- email address; and
- telephone numbers;
- information you provide to us at your own option on our Website.
Please note that we do not collect any information in relation to your payment information, such as credit/debit card details.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about its users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service. They enable us to:
- speed up your searches;
- recognize you when you return to our Website.
When a user connects to this Website, subject to his/her choice, various cookies may be installed at the end of the terminal, allowing the terminal navigator to be known for the duration of the validity period of the particular cookie which will not exceed 13 months.
- Session Cookies – These are temporary cookies which only exist in the period you access our Website (or more strictly, until you close the browser after accessing our Website). Session cookies help our Website remember what you chose on the previous page, thereby avoiding having to re-enter information.
The User may make the choice at any time to express and modify his/her wishes regarding Cookies, and with due regard to their purpose, by accessing the personalization page, also accessible via the Cookies banner.
The User may configure his browser software so that cookies are recorded at the end of the session or, alternatively, that they are systematically discarded, depending on their transmitter. The User may also configure his browser software in such a way that acceptance or rejection of cookies is offered in a timely manner before a cookie is likely to be recorded in the terminal.
If the User has accepted in his browser software the recording of cookies in his terminal, the cookies embedded in the User’s viewed pages and content may be temporarily stored in a dedicated space in his terminal and will be readable only by their transmitter.
In such a case, we decline all responsibility and liability for the consequences of any degradation of services resulting from our inability to register or consult the Cookies necessary for their operation and which the user may have refused or deleted.
For the management of cookies and choices, the configuration of each browser is different and is described in the browser, which allows you to know how to modify your cookie preferences.
- For Internet Explorer™ : http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- For Safari™ : http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/fr/9277.html
- For Chrome™ : http://support.google.com/chrom/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647
- For Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies
- For Opera™ : http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html
For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information
Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/
We shall retain your information for the following timescales:
- job applications / speculative applications will be held for one year (save for when an individual has asked for us to remove the application or have been offered a position in our business).
To protect your information, we have policies and procedures in place to make sure that only authorized personnel can access the information, that information is handled and stored in a secure and sensible manner and all systems that can access the information have the necessary security measures in place. To accomplish this, all employees, contractors and sub-contractors have roles and responsibilities defined in those policies and procedures.
To make sure all employees, contractors and sub-contractors understand these responsibilities they are provided with the necessary training and resources they need.
In addition to these operational measures, we also use a range of technologies and security systems to reinforce the policies.
To make sure that these measures are suitable, vulnerability tests are run regularly. Audits to identify areas of weakness and non-compliance are routinely scheduled. Additionally, all areas of the organisation are constantly monitored and measured to identify problems and issues before they arise.
We use the information held about you in the following ways, to:
- ° allow you to apply for vacant positions or submit a speculative application to work at John West Foods Limited.
Where necessary to fulfil our obligations to you, John West Foods Limited may pass your details to third parties where this is necessary for processing job applications. These third parties include:
- ° in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- ° if all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us will be one of the transferred assets.
- ° if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect
the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from our Websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. In order to withdraw consent you must clear your cookies in your internet browser. If you would like further information please contact JW_GDPR@thaiunion.com.
Data protection laws provide you with a number of rights which are explained below. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please get in touch using the “Contact” details noted below. In order to process any of the requests listed below, we may need to verify your identity for your security. In such cases your response will be necessary for you to exercise this right.
- The right to access information we hold about you – At any point you can contact us to request that the information we hold about you as well as why we have that information, who has access to the information and where we got the information. Once we have received your request we will respond within 30 days.
- The right to correct and update the information we hold about you – If the data we hold about you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, you can inform us and we will ensure that it is updated within 30 days.
- The right to have your information erased – If you feel that we should no longer be using your data or that we are illegally using your data, you can request that we erase the data we hold. When we receive your request, we will confirm whether the data has been deleted or tell you the reason why it cannot be deleted within 30 days.
- The right to object to processing of your data – You have the right to request that John West Foods Limited stops processing your data. Upon receiving the request, we will contact you to tell you if we are able to comply or if we have legitimate grounds to continue. If data is no longer processed, we may continue to hold your data to comply with your other rights.
- The right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing – You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer your data to another controller. Once we have received your request, we will comply where it is feasible to do so.
- The right to complain – You can make a complaint to us via our details below or to the data protection supervisory authority – in the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office, at https://ico.org.uk/.
- Consent – In those cases where we need your consent to hold your information, we will ask you to check a box on any form requiring consent. By checking these boxes you are stating that you have been informed as to why John West Foods Limited is collecting the information, how it will be used, for how long it will be kept, who else will have access to it and what your rights are as a data subject.
When contacted with an enquiry, John West Foods Limited will hold the entity name and contact details only for the purposes of handling the enquiry.
Calls made to us may be recorded to protect the interests of all parties. Call records are deleted after 90 days unless needed for ongoing actions.
We may need to transfer your personal data to Singapore and Hong Kong which are located outside the European Economic Area, for the purpose of our internal IT infrastructure relating to the location of our data servers held by our parent company, Thai Union Group PCL. Any transfer of your data will be subject to a European Commission approved contract that will safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a security breach.
Address John West Foods Limited, No. 1 Mann Island, Liverpool L3 1BP